About the Role
Put members first - that’s the User Research team’s north star. We’re seeking a Senior User Researcher that has at least 4-5 years of experience researching products that span the digital, physical, or service spaces to join our small team of 6 researchers. You’ll be working on our mobile banking products and the services that support it by uncovering people’s financial behaviors by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, specifically focused in our Consumer Banking experience team to understand how people move money, spend money, or save money. If you’ve ever wondered how digital, physical, and service products intersect with people and their financial lifestyle, the Chime User Research team might just be the best place for you.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Conduct thoughtful research on strategy, products, and features to help our growing base of members with their financial health
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics to understand our members and unearth problems we should be focused on
- Develop mixed method research studies that include the stakeholders in every step of the process from study concept to insight delivery
- Produce research artifacts that are human-readable and concise to inform what we’re learning about members
- Act as a champion for high caliber user advocacy throughout Chime and champion our members first in all decisions
To thrive in this role, you have:
- 4-5+ years of user research experience for consumer products that have digital and physical experiences
- Conducted collaborative research methods and shown a willingness to never settle for research reports
- A natural curiosity for people and what makes them tick
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience conducting various research methodologies such as survey writing, survey analysis, user interviews, usability testing, journey mapping, and field studies.
- Experience working in a startup environment (high growth startups a strong plus)
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.