Senior User Researcher, Credit at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
Put members first - it's what the Chime User Research team is all about. We're empathetic advocates for our members and unapologetically nerdy about sharing what we learn about people through any format - whether it be stories, maps, or even, yes, sticky notes.We’re looking for a curious and empathetic Senior User Researcher to join our growing team in building our Research-first company. You would be part of the small yet mighty team of researchers that conduct studies that inform our product roadmaps.
We’re seeking a Senior User Researcher that has at least 4 years of experience researching products that span the digital, physical, or service spaces. You’ll be working on our mobile banking products and the services that support it by uncovering people’s financial behaviors by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, specifically focused on how people use credit products and services. All so that we can help people reach financial peace of mind. If you’ve ever wondered how digital, physical, and service products intersect with people and their financial lifestyles, the Chime User Research team might just be the best place for you.
- Work on product strategy, and features to delight our growing base of members
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics to understand our members and unearth problems
- Develop collaborative research studies that include the stakeholders in every step of the process
- Produce research artifacts (not reports!) that are consumable to the company at large to inform what we’re learning about members
- Act as a champion for high caliber user advocacy throughout Chime, and champion user’s needs first as part of your personal mission
- 4+ years of user research or product management experience for products that have physical and/or digital experiences
- A passion for collaborative research methods, and a willingness to never settle for research reports
- A natural curiosity for people and what makes them tick
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience conducting various research methodologies such as survey writing, survey analysis, user interviews, usability testing, journey mapping, and field studies.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and using JIRA and Confluence
- An innate desire to make finances work for our members’ benefit and represent the member in your team
- Preferred if, you’ve participated in design sprints
- Preferred if, you’re curious about service design
- Preferred if, you have your own personal finance journey/story to tell
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits and 401k matching.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.