Senior UX Researcher
Alto is building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our team is dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As our first Senior UX Researcher, you will have the opportunity to establish our research best practices and implement ongoing foundational research. You’ll conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. You’ll partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify research opportunities where you’ll drive the planning and execution of research plans. You’ll also use qualitative and quantitative tools such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing, and data analysis to uncover the meaningful insights that will help Alto provide patients the treatment they deserve.You will:
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Conduct studies across essential product areas, using qualitative and quantitative methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), working with data, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate strategic insights, and applicable recommendations which guide product decisions and design improvements for users
- Help cultivate an informed team by advocating for the user with presentations and creative activities
- Align product with both user and business goals
- 3+ years of experience within Product organizations, using a variety of research methods, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience in design thinking, psychology, and human-computer interaction
- A deep understanding of industry best practices, and know how to tailor research methods to Alto user needs
- Experience educating stakeholders on UX Research methods and their impact, and leading projects and evangelizing research cross-functionally
- An interest in the pharmacy / healthcare space
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
To apply, we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.