Senior UX Researcher at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our growing team and partner with Product Management, Analytics, and Engineering to conduct research that uncovers key questions. You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating great experiences for our users.About Research and Design at CircleCI
The Research and Design team at CircleCI is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern software development. CircleCI empowers teams to ship code great code quickly and safely. We are in a unique position to change the way development teams turn code into software.What you’ll do:
- Find and evaluate opportunities for research to improve a product decision or customer experience
- Lead the research process from designing the study, recruiting, and supporting the team making research related decisions
- Analyze, and communicate qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Maintain the research database for all customer input in order to integrate communication to create a seamless customer experience
- Partner with our quantitative UX and analytics partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find quick but compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Identify and enact improvements to the team’s practices and process
- 5+ years of experience with Product organizations, conducting qualitative research studies, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results with Developer Tools
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods and facilitation
- Visual communication and information design
- Accessibility standards and compliance (e.g. WCAG, 508, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with collaboration tools, workplace dynamics, decision-making topics
- Experience working on distributed teams
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.