Senior UX Researcher at NextRoll
You’ll join our Product Design team reporting to our Head of Design, bringing an innovative and hands-on approach to discovering insights, evaluating product experiences and informing product strategy. As a foundational member of the design research team you’ll help shape the research and design practice at NextRoll. Working across our products and with multi-disciplinary product teams you’ll help them uncover the right questions to ask and the best ways to ask them. You’ll be at the very center of our customer centric design practice, establishing best practices, sharing knowledge across the organization and helping teams get more from research.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.The impact you’ll make:
- Develop user models and frameworks ensuring that teams deeply understand who we are designing for and why
- Evaluate and benchmark product designs and experiences enabling us to track usability and product improvements
- Establish tools, practices and protocols for conducting design research so that we have effective repeatable approaches to conducting similar studies
- Work with other teams including Marketing and Customer Success to build deep shared understanding of our customers and users across the customer life-cycle
- Create flexible approaches to research that work with both fast moving agile teams and longer strategic initiatives
- Above all, always keep us true to one of our core values: Do right by the customer
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research, design research or design strategy with 5+ years of work experience overall
- Strong foundation in the use of formative and evaluative research methods to inform the initial opportunity, collect feedback to support iteration, and evaluate designs that are being prepared to ship
- Experience defining, planning and executing qualitative research studies across a range of methods including recruitment, remote usability studies, contextual enquiry, diary studies and highly skilled in depth interviewing
- Able to distill research findings into clearly articulated, actionable insights
- Excellent narrative-building and verbal skills, able to present research plans and findings to a range of audiences, from designers and product managers to executives
- Experience guiding and collaborating with others to help them achieve their research goals including working with PMs and Designers enabling them to effectively conduct their own research
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar)
- Experience benchmarking product experiences using SUS or similar standardised approaches
- Experience using quantitative methods and data analytics
- Past experience recruiting and researching for B2B products and services or in the marketing technology industry
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- One month of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 3 months of paid pregnancy disability leave
- 3 months of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.