Senior UX Writer at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We’re seeking a word-obsessed Senior UX Writer to join the growing Design team at Chime. You’ll work closely with our design and product teams to establish and evangelize a consistent product voice. You’ll collaborate across functions, including brand, marketing design, product design, user research, content strategy, compliance, and more. Your focus will be creating language that humanizes finance and simplifies its complexity for our members.
As a Senior UX Writer, you will build upon our existing brand voice to help the product design team (and the company) operate more cohesively, consistently, and with greater velocity. You will help set the gold standard for brand and content execution and you’ll establish a vision for the future of Chime’s product voice strategy.
- Act as a champion for high caliber content experiences throughout Chime
- Create and evolve Chime’s tone and voice guidelines to empower various product teams
- Craft short, concise product copy that walks the line of being human while simplifying complex financial terms and complying with regulations
- Utilize research, data, and testing to validate assumptions and optimize copy for conversion and comprehension
- Navigate the complexities of a highly regulated industry with creative solutions, clever iterations, and inspired problem-solving skills
- Document copy decisions for cross-functional usage, managing stakeholders, and building alignment
- Present to, collaborate with, and influence product, research, and marketing teams
- Wear multiple hats, helping to work on any project as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, writing, English, and/or advertising (or applicable experience)
- 5+ years of proven history writing copy for products, such as UX writing, conversational design, content marketing, product marketing, etc.
- Expertise with product scrum teams and research
- Attitude of mentorship and a knack for inspiring others to be their best every day
- Ability to see many different ways to tackle a problem and weigh the pros/cons of each
- Ability to balance business objectives with user needs and team needs. You represent all sides of the business and know how to create the best outcomes for each.
- A generally positive outlook and attitude. We’re going to spend a lot of time together. Let’s make it fun.
- A relentless desire to make banking really, really, really (we mean it!) work to our users’ benefit
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.