Senior Visual Designer, Creative Team
We are looking for a creative problem solver who believes that Udemy should be a vital part of the future of learning. This is an opportunity to join the team at a key growth stage. The role requires a passion for translating marketing and brand strategies into strong and impactful designs that clearly communicate our value. Your contribution will have a significant impact on furthering our brand’s development across the company while inspiring both our student and instructor communities. This position requires a balance of creativity, project management and leadership in a fast paced, iterative culture.
In this role, you’ll be thinking big and small, collaborating with partners to shape the way that the brand influences each customer touchpoint. You’ll take ownership of everything from integrated marketing campaigns to social media assets and video advertising. Additionally, you will have a significant opportunity to help us evolve the Udemy brand, evolving guidelines and playing a significant role as brand steward across the organization.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Utilize visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate our students
- Work within brand guidelines to create work that fits among existing marketing collateral and evolve guidelines as needed
- Concept and implement design ideas quickly, producing comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables for emails, advertising, and promotions
- Be a master multitasker, brainstorming and developing campaigns for multiple projects simultaneously, remaining flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Create consistent and scalable design solutions across all platforms
- Collaborate with copywriters and video teams to ensure copy and visuals are in perfect sync and are as powerful, vivid, and compelling as possible
- Be a team player who works to improve the group’s technical and creative performance
- Work as part of a larger brand team alongside creative producers, campaign managers, and production designers, to ensure that all projects are completed on time, with excellence
- Work closely with the brand team to help maintain brand consistency through design critiques and design exercises
We're excited about you because you have:
- 8+ years of experience at a creative or ad agency, graphic design firm, or in-house creative department
- Knowledge of the digital landscape in media design and technology, responsive design principles, email, paid ads and collaterals
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to articulate compelling visual language concepts, mood definition boards and design with high quality renders
- Experience in concepting, ideation, execution and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and web
- Experience working with design accessibility principles, user flows, testing, low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience with email marketing, display advertising and retargeting campaigns, social media advertising, integrated marketing campaigns and brand-level work across a variety of disciplines
- Deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of design and research with qualitative and quantitative data that will be important to solve key business problems
- Comfortable working with 3rd party integrations and APIs to helps to accelerate the design process
- Strong expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, understanding of HTML/CSS and Web browser capabilities, Sketch, InVision and prototyping tools
- Demonstrates expertise of layout, typography and visual hierarchy oriented for mobile consumption
- Collaborative with willingness to work in group settings while meeting deadlines for multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- The visual skills and desire to delight the user and deliver a world class experience
- A divergent exploratory process
- Experience working with global branding and advertising
- Experience with Illustration, Iconography, Infographics, Video, Motion Graphics and other dynamic tools is a strong plus
- A strong penchant for utilizing user research and metrics to guide design decisions
- A can-do attitude without ego
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description