Sr. Product Designer (Flows) at hims & hers (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly collaborative Sr. Product Designer to help drive the design of our consultation flows. You will work closely alongside Design, Product Management and Engineering to build telemedicine flows with varying complexity across multiple product categories. You should be a user-centric designer, who is also excited to find simple, elegant solutions to meet our business goals. You are not precious about your work, and are constantly looking to improve, ideate and refine design.
This role will require a hands-on designer who is detail oriented, and driven to design intuitive user-focused experiences. You must feel comfortable being able to flex between being strategic and also executional, in addition to working in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable at defining problems, ideating concepts and synthesizing data, with the ability to translate this information into pixel perfect design and prototypes. This role will stand side by side with other Product, Engineering and Design leads in driving projects forward from start to finish.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineering to navigate complex design opportunities toward potential solutions
- Collaborate and communicate with our team and stakeholders to ensure that everyone impacted by your work is aligned throughout projects
- Provide strong UX that simplifies complex logic through flows, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes as well as high-fidelity visual designs that elevate the look and feel of our flows
- Leading large projects or multiple initiatives concurrently with autonomy through gained trust and expertise as trusted partner to stakeholders
- Build expertise through customer research to develop a thorough understanding of our users’ needs and pain points as insights that are applied to innovative performant experiences
- Guide, inspire, and influence peers and team with exceptional communication, empathy and execution
- 5+ years in a UX, Interaction or Product Design role
- Experience leading design alongside your cross-functional peers in Product, Engineering and Research
- A holistic approach to design, from high level strategy to small design details
- You’re a self-starter who is solution oriented, and you’re comfortable with defining, scoping and designing for new opportunities with and without the input of others
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present your decisions and processes clearly and confidently
- Enthusiasm for growth and improvement, openness to feedback, and ability to work well with other designers of all levels
- Adaptability and excitement for working in a fast-paced environment
- Solid visual craft with an eye for detail
- Expert proficiency with Figma, Adobe CC and various prototyping tools
Nice to Have:
- You have a passion for motion design, specifically as it relates to a design system
- You understand the basics of HTML, CSS and JS
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
An estimate of the current salary range for US-based employees is
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address.