Systems Design Lead
We believe that the future is local. That’s why we created Faire, a marketplace that empowers small business owners and independent makers to buy and sell wholesale online. Our platform supports a thriving Shop Local community, and we’ve already connected more than 60,000 local retailers with 8,500 plus wholesale makers.
About this role
Faire is a company invested in good design—as the Lead Designer on the Design Systems team, you’ll bring design best practices and experience that will improve workflows across our teams. You'll also help evolve and strengthen our future systems and standards, keeping our team and customers' needs in mind. In this role, you'll help our internal design, development, brand and product teams to evolve our systems and standards while keeping our customers needs in mind.
As a Systems Design Lead, you will:
- Create a unified, cohesive set of UX and visual guidelines in addition to component libraries for products across Faire.
- Lead the Design Systems team in creating documentation for design system process and tasks that allow the team to be most effective and consistent across all products.
- Uphold a strong level of attention to detail, meticulous levels of organization and overall high standards to ensure our system's success.
- Partner closely with engineering to support the process of developing components and patterns across all product ecosystems.
- Create high-quality mocks to communicate your work to stakeholders.
- Incorporate Faire’s design system guidelines in your work, while acting as the voice of product design teams to expand and evolve the system.
- Present cross-functionally to Product Design, Engineering, Product, and Brand, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale and goals.
- Define and contribute to the design team’s process, systems, and culture.
- 5+ experience designing digital products and systems.You have a breadth of knowledge of what goes into product design, from systems to visuals.
- Excellence in visual design craft, presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other designers and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries and a variety of creative influences. If you’re a maker or retailer yourself and can bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey - tell us your story!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.