Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish has an exciting opportunity for a User Researcher to help form the foundation of our new User Research team. Successful candidates will have solid experience in formulating and executing qualitative research, and the proven ability to utilize research to drive understanding of our users, growth of our business, and the success of our products. As a member of this team, you will be empowered and motivated to create business impact via the application of user research.
User Researchers at Wish navigate and aid in product innovation for a global user community of over 500 million Wish buyers. They build a deep understanding of users’ behavior and turn qualitative user research into insights to advise strategic directions and generate opportunities for product optimization. Together with the cross functional teams, they impact the Wish buyer journey and revolutionize the digital shopping experience.
The User Researcher will:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers to create an innovative and engaging mobile shopping experience
- Create a deep understanding of Wish’s target users through qualitative and quantitative research
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions
- Contribute to Wish’s mixed-methods user research practice
- Research emerging needs and behaviors in ways that yield actionable insights
- Deploy insights to develop hypotheses the team can mature into design proposals and product recommendations
- Deploy innovative and flexible research techniques that balance proven methods with experimentation
- Clearly and persuasively communicate research findings and the reasoning behind them to internal stakeholders
- Play the role of a storyteller to communicate user needs in ways that resonate, connect with and motivate internal audiences
- Relevant academic background including Graduate level education in experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, sociology or related discipline with significant academic exposure to different research methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in mobile / digital user research, working to understand user decisions, develop behavior models and frameworks to inform product and operation strategy
- Experience in collaborating with product, design and data science teams to identify business requirements and translate them into research goals to define measurable success
- Proven ability to identify the right methods to conduct effective research in order to discover / develop strategic opportunities and drive business outcomes from identifying customer needs
- Strong command of qualitative research methods to design and execute impactful research in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with quantitative research including survey creation and data analysis
- Advocate for the user while deploying professional communication skills including:
- Ability to describe complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences
- Capable of presenting evidence and making actionable recommendations to influence stakeholders
- Biased towards action, and comfortable with ambiguity coupled with the ability to juggle overlapping projects
Nice to have
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing analytics data to develop hypotheses, organize tests and generate recommendations
- Proven ability to apply mixed method research to generate insights
- Strong knowledge of product design practices and principles
- Experience in conducting research in the global trade e-commerce industry
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.