Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is actively seeking a passionate Content Strategist to create and deliver UX content for a variety of design and sales efforts to expand Wish’s worldwide merchant base across North America, Latin America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and more regions. If you are a UX Writer, Information Architect, Instructional Designer, or Conversation Designer, and have a strong penchant for creating UX copy that delivers the right message at the right time, we want to hear from you! You will be a vital part of a global initiative within one of the largest e-commerce companies.
What you'll be doing:
- Be a point of contact and expert of all things UX content strategy for merchant-facing features and programs.
- Create and maintain UX content for a variety of design-led projects aiming to expand Wish’s global merchant base.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team to define the tone and style of UI content appropriate for target audience from different merchant segments.
- Ask insightful questions to give and receive UX or content feedback in a rapidly-iterative environment.
- Dig into merchant-facing product and feature details by partnering with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders from logistics and business teams to support feature launches.
- Internalize technical specifications of each feature, break down complex business & technical concepts, and translate them into clear, accurate, and concise UX content for merchants.
- Tell compelling product stories that benefit merchants worldwide via UI content that delights, engages, and enables merchants.
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions to improve content UI accuracy and consistency across the board.
- Advocate for the importance of UX content strategy across the wider company among PMs, Engineers, merchant-facing teams, and more.
- 3+ years of experience writing for web or software with a focus on UX content strategy that drives global user acquisition, conversion, and growth.
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from Design, Product Management, Engineering, Localization, and business teams.
- Well-versed in or familiar with other relevant domains, including SEO and digital marketing.
- Excellent product sense, with experience working on complex B2B product features.
- Strong ability to ask questions and internalize feature specifications in order to become a product and UX expert.
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment and prioritize appropriately to meet project timelines.
- Globally-minded; have experience writing for a global audience and understand that cultural and language nuances exist across different regions worldwide.
- Highly resourceful, proactive, fearless, and detail-oriented.
- Showcase a deep level of care and meticulousness towards your craft;
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and Point-of-Contact mindset; you will get to hit the ground running shortly after joining!
- Remote work experience
- Background and/or interest in e-commerce a plus
- Experience with Figma
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.