DoorDash is seeking a UX Researcher to help guide and inspire cross-functional teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to drive great design and innovation for our product teams. Your work will be vital to how we understand the needs of our three-sided marketplace (Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants) and build products to meet all of our users needs.
We’re looking for someone that is an effective communicator, knowledgeable about user research and comfortable in a fast-moving organization. You will report into the Head of Design and enter a role with a high potential for growth and impact!
What You’ll Achieve
- Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on research needs
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for people who use our products
- 5+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as: usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Experience with designing and summarizing surveys
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- A proven track record of working well with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
Nice to Haves
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- Visual communication skills
- Experience recruiting and scheduling participants
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and nationalbusinesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.