UX UI SaaS Product Designer at Scout RFP
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout RFP is looking for a UX/UI Product Designer to join its Engineering/Product team. This position will play a critical role in our design-driven, customer-informed software development process. Scout has the engineering resources to bring your work to life, as well as the enterprise customers that will use it. Users love Scout RFP because the experience makes sense. Whereas they typically work with clunky enterprise software, Scout RFP allows them to get work done without fighting the software. This doesn't happen by accident.
You are a designer who takes the time to understand our users - their needs and their abilities. You love staying on top of the latest design patterns. You would rather remove an element from a page than clutter the screen. You can't wait to get your prototypes in front of real users to see how they react and adjust to their feedback.
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experiences
- Create wireframes, interaction models, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering team to design new features
- Establish and improve design patterns to create a friendly and approachable user experience
- Work with our active users to solve their problems, not build their solutions
- Build high-fidelity prototypes
- User testing
- 4-6 years experience designing consumer, commercial, and enterprise web applications.
- Design portfolio of UX-centered applications.
- Ability to empathize with users and dive into the domain.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts to internal stakeholders and customers as well as receive feedback on designs.
- Well attuned attention to detail in designing experiences, ability to think through different scenarios users might encounter outside of the “happy path”.
- Exceptional visual, interaction, production design skills to create wireframes that communicate user workflows.
- Strong prototyping skills and using prototype tools such as Justinmind or something similar.
- Deep understanding of design deliverables such as information architecture maps, workflow documentation, wireframes, visual designs as well as thorough knowledge of using Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle and other design tools.
- You have shipped and released product before.
- Experience or desire to work at a fast-paced start-up.
- You must be currently living in the greater San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose/Silicon Valley Bay Area.
**To apply please attach a copy of your resume and with a link to your portfolio. LinkedIn InApply applications will be deleted if a resume is not attached**
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description