About The Role:
We are looking for a designer who believes that Udemy should be a vital part of the future of learning. This is an opportunity to join the team at a key growth stage. The role requires a passion for translating marketing and brand strategies into strong and impactful designs that clearly communicate our value. Your contribution will have a significant impact on furthering our brand’s development across the company while inspiring both our student and instructor communities. This position requires a balance of creativity, project management and leadership in a fast paced, iterative culture.
You are an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and dedication to achieve it. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to develop points of view. But we also seek those who are great listeners, consider other opinions, and are able to work well with others.
In this role, you’ll be thinking big and small, collaborating with other designers and creative partners to shape the way that the brand influences each customer touchpoint. You’ll play a large part in guiding the development of everything from integrated marketing campaigns to social media assets and video advertising. Additionally, you will have a significant opportunity to help us evolve the Udemy brand, evolving guidelines and playing a significant role as brand steward across the organization.
Here's what you'll be doing:
-Paid acquisition (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, GDN)
-Affiliate & partner marketing
-Mobile stores (iOS and Android)
-Web banners (mobile and desktop)
- Utilize visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate our students
- Work within brand guidelines to create work that fits among existing marketing collateral and evolve guidelines as needed
- Create consistent and scalable design solutions across all platforms
- Collaborate with copywriters and video teams to ensure copy and visuals are in perfect sync and are as powerful, vivid, and compelling as possible
- Work closely with the brand team to help maintain brand consistency through design critiques and design exercises
- Visual design for integrated marketing campaigns support on the following channels:
- Collaborate with designers, content strategists, product managers, marketers, and researchers
- Conceptualize ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
We're excited about you because you have:
- A diverse portfolio with strong examples of brand, system and campaign work
- 4-5 years of experience creating design solutions that support the brand narrative and story, strong understanding of branding, visual design, and campaign development
- Knowledge of the digital landscape in media design and technology
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to articulate compelling visual language concepts, mood definition boards and design with high quality renders
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and industry standard design and prototyping tools
- The ability to advocate for, and be a strong representative of design
- Experience with testing design concepts and innovating to drive business results
- Knowledge of responsive design principles and email best practices
- Demonstrates expertise of layout, typography and visual hierarchy oriented for mobile consumption
- Knowledge of marketing advertising best practices across channels (Facebook, Instagram, GDN, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A can-do attitude without ego
- Experience with Illustration, Iconography, Typography, Infographics, Video, Motion Graphics and other dynamic tools is a strong plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description