Android Engineer, SM Platform at Cisco Meraki
For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. However, a key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and manage. Essential to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of mobile device management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team, and wear many hats.About the Team
Meraki’s engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology, but also defining what we should be building. As an Android software engineer you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Android devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so you will have the opportunity to work anywhere from pixel perfect front ends to high performance backend algorithms. Your work will run on hundreds of thousands of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.Example projects of an Android Engineer:
- Integrate new device management features within annual OS version releases
- Design monitoring features that integrate with other Meraki products
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to craft solutions and workflows that will impact our customers
- Build internal frameworks and pipelines to enhance developer productivity
- You have 2+ years of experience writing professional production code
- You have 1+ years of experience of native Android development
- You have experience shipping at least one Android app that is currently available on the Google Play Store (please provide links when applying)
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- You have a hunger for knowledge and love the idea of learning new technologies, frameworks, and systems outside your area of expertise
- Experience developing in Kotlin
- Experience with continuous integrations systems (ex: Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (ex: JUnit, Espresso, Roboelectric, Powermock)
- Experience with web development using a modern framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, Django, Node JS, React, Angular)
- Experience with iOS development
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.