As an Android developer at Udemy, you’ll be responsible for building native apps for students and instructors that will be used in every country on earth. Towards this goal, you will work in close collaboration with product owners, designers, user researchers, and other development teams at Udemy. The most important goal is improving lives through learning, whether it’s mastering a computer language or learning power chords on a guitar.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Developing, testing, documenting, and releasing full-stack, end-to-end features for Udemy's Android application that supports over 40 million students worldwide and more than 130,000 courses
- Partner closely with the product and design team to create an intuitively easy to use application for our users
- Planning, organizing, and getting work done in two-week sprints
- Participating in code reviews and sprint retrospectivesResearching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- Evaluate innovative technologies on the Android platform
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience working primarily on Android in Kotlin
- Good knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- A passion for writing unit tests. Maybe not TDD, but you always want to write unit tests
- Shown success as an individual contributor
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with MVVM or MVP
- Experience with Room, RxJava/Rx, Kotlin, Firebase or other modern frameworks & tools
- Experience with working on large-scale sites, especially video or audio streaming
- Experience in edtech
- Passion for playing games
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description