Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Wish App has been downloaded over 200 millions times and has always been one of the top free applications in the App Store. Our team is small and nimble. We move extremely fast while solving unique and challenging problems. We release new mobile updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to completely own the feature they work on from scratch to release. They work on entire features from the back-end API to the mobile client.
As a mobile product engineer, you will get to work on features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, driven, want to make an impact and grow your career and have a solid foundation in computer science. You should have strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, and contribute under a great deal of independence. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? US and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you'll be doing:
- Build new high impact features in the Wish Android app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design new features. Give valuable feedback and share new ideas.
- Work with the Data Analyst to conclude an A/B testing feature
- Make important coding architecture decisions and participate in code reviews. Refactor the code to use best practices if necessary.
- Always learning new Android and Java/Kotlin knowledge and share it with the team
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years of experience developing native Android applications in Java or Kotlin
- Dedicated to learning and improving their mobile development skills
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Data-driven mindset
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line
- Experience writing API endpoints and working with databases
- Java and Kotlin
- MongoDB or familiarity with other databases
- A/B testing
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.