Back-end Engineer, Enterprise Product at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for back-end engineers for the new Enterprise team. You’ll be on one of the most important teams at the company driving maximum scale & impact. You’ll build innovative features for our biggest customers and raise the bar for the entire industry. You won’t compromise on creating the delight for the user that’s made TripActions among the fastest growing startups in the world.
As a Software Engineer at TripActions you will:
- Design and build new features for our largest Enterprise customers, working on problems that create maximum impact and scale.
- Work closely with design, product, and your manager to focus as much time as possible on innovation -- not maintenance, legacy system support, or mundane table stakes features.
- Receive coaching and guidance from leaders and senior engineers to learn and grow faster.
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives on software architecture, testing infrastructure, reliability, and software design.
- Grow in your career as you tackle increasingly more difficult problems and do the best work you’ve done so far.
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- Strong programming skills and CS fundamentals combined with 3+ years of experience building products.
- Deep architecture and API design skills to build core services and new product features.
- Strong sense of ownership demonstrated through shipping production-quality code equipped with testing, monitoring and documentation.
- Passion for solving problems and learning new tools and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with Java, AWS and/or distributed systems is a plus.
- Prior experience working at startups and/or on consumer-facing products.
Why join the engineering team at TripActions?
- Advance your career faster by learning how to tackle increasingly more ambitious projects, not stay in a box.
- Work with engineering managers who are evaluated on how well they grow their people and take care of their team.
- Work with ambitious and smart people who constantly want to raise the bar for themselves and support their teammates in doing the same.
- Make a major impact on a $1.5T market where you will make users lives better every day.
- Join a company with outsized ambition that will last for decades to come.