Back-end Engineer, Special Projects at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for passionate Backend Engineers to lead design and development of core product features and services within our Special Projects group at TripActions. You can think of this group as a "product incubation" team working on building new products from the ground up. You will work closely with a set of talented engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists to identify customer needs and build innovative solutions to solve them.
This position is based out of our San Francisco, CA office.
- Strong programming skills and CS fundamentals combined with 5+ years of experience building products
- Deep architecture and API design skills to build core services and new product features
- Strong sense of ownership demonstrated through shipping production-quality code equipped with testing, monitoring and documentation
- Passion for solving problems and learning new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Java, AWS and/or distributed systems is a plus
- Prior experience working at startups and/or on consumer-facing products