Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
The Banking Services and Financial Health team is responsible for building the next generation mobile banking experience that will continue to differentiate Chime from our competition. We are striving to create an experience and product offering that engages our users and gives them a streamlined and informative view of their primary banking interactions and financial health. This team works very closely with the mobile team to solve cross-functional problems together and creates APIs that enable a top notch mobile experience to be built on. Aside from the APIs the mobile team will consume, this team will also own new services that drive our Banking Experience and Financial Health products.
About the Role
Chime is looking for an engineer eager to grow expertise in building technology that powers our mobile app. This position will span a large range of the tech stack from new API architecture and design for mobile client consumption, to the execution of new microservices that power relevant domains.
- Design and implement APIs working closely with the mobile team to ship product efficiently
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable languages and frameworks
- Experience using GraphQL is a huge plus
- Minimum of 4 years developing software in a production environment at scale
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and web best practices
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications
- Start-up experience is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.