Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
As a software engineer in product engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on our applications in concert with our product, platform, and design teams. You will make impactful product features a reality across a variety of product verticals, including advisor workflows, calculations, and client communications.
Addepar expects its product engineering team members to be capable of executing across the stack, although specialization in one or more areas is common and encouraged. The thread that unites all product engineers at Addepar is that they focus on delivering great products that drive value for Addepar clients. To be successful in this mission, in addition to your technical skills, we expect strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a context-driven approach to product development.
Our backend engineering members primarily work in Java, but we don’t require prior experience with any specific tool set. Great software engineers can pick up new languages on the job. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, we're looking for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to deliver end products that deliver joy to users. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with engineers, designers and product owners to deliver high performing customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Find creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Own the implementation of impactful features and architectural enhancements that level up our application to serve larger levels of complexity and scale.
- Advocate for best practices and process improvements.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Experience building scalable systems, modeling financial data, or building intuitive, feature-rich user interfaces.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.