Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. As Credit Karma’s Chief Security Officer, you'll own all elements of our global security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information trusted to Credit Karma by its members, partners, and employees. You will be responsible for driving an organizational culture where security is standard in everyday business operations, ensuring that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk commensurate with established risk thresholds.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Direct and manage the activities and personnel of Credit Karma’s security organization including hiring, training, talent development and performance management
- Set priorities and drive implementation for our vulnerability management, information security monitoring/security operations, red & blue teams, and threat intelligence programs
- Define security requirements to allow for corporate and product compliance to industry standards
- Collaborate with Engineering and all other technical and business functional leaders to implement changes and standard methodologies to continuously improve the security posture of the organization
- Constantly update the cyber security strategy to use new technology and threat information
What’s great about the role:
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
- Represent Credit Karma in industry events
What we are looking for:
- Prior CISO, Deputy CISO, or similar experience
- 15+ years of equivalent experience in Security required with 10+ years experience in designing, building, and orchestrating security services -- experience in financial services a plus
- Deep understanding of Information Security Architectures and evolving technologyIn-depth knowledge of Security operations and governance for regulatory and statutory frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Security management, preferably in a role with external and internal focus
- Ability to form relationships across all levels of the company while modeling Credit Karma’s culture and values
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.