Cloud Network Engineer at Unity Technologies
As the leading development platform for gaming, AR, VR, and real-time interactive 3D visualization, Unity is helping to bring creations of all kinds to life faster than ever before. Our network team provides foundational network services that powers many Unity services in a reliable, scalable and performant way.
We are looking for a hardworking infrastructure engineer who has not only good knowledge in networking but also broad knowledge in linux, cloud infrastructure, container based virtualization, and scripting. As a senior member of the team, you own and support a multi-region multi-cloud infrastructure with high capacity CDN edge components. You are highly technical and are viewed as a domain specialist on many networking topics. Success in this role typically means you are a fast learner, a good communicator, and always have customer happiness in mind.What you’ll be doing
- Design and create systems/services/solutions that are reliable, scalable, predictable, and secure
- Perform requirement gathering, investigation, and analysis to determine appropriate solutions
- Implement and maintain existing and new network services/systems
- Create and improve methods of proper testing and safe promotion of releases from development to staging and, eventually, to production
- Perform performance analysis, network incident troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure service/system uptime
- Network knowledge in TCP/IP, BGP, IPSec, DNS, Load balancing, HTTP, firewall, and experience in troubleshooting
- Prior experience in developing on public cloud platforms like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure is a must
- Experience with maintaining debian/ubuntu systems and troubleshoot issues
- Scripting skills using Bash, Python and/or Go and familiar with modern CI-CD pipelines and development tools
- Good presentation and communication skills and experience in supporting production environments with high availability requirements
- Experience with, or strong interest in Kubernetes
- Experience with Go
- Contribution to open-source projects
- Prior experience with basic SQL
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.