Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a Controls Verification Engineer, you will be responsible to verify and validate control architectures, system design, performance, and safety in all Vicarious products. You will work closely with Hardware Engineers, Integration Engineers, Software Engineers and Robotics QA/ QC Engineers.
The mission of this role is to lead the controls verification strategy and execution for Vicarious robotic hardware systems, assemblies and subassemblies. Responsible for development of verification protocols and execution of product verification and safety validation testing.
- Lead controls verification testing strategy and execution for Vicarious robotic hardware systems, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering and Robotics teams to ensure testability.
- Develop test plans including protocols, fixtures, scripting, data analysis and summary reports.
- Collaborate with project management to establish system development plans and ensure adequate resource support for ongoing projects.
- Management and execution of safety validation tests in accordance with ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012
- Be an active member of a startup environment, with an all-hands-on-deck attitude as we grow the Hardware Engineering, Performance Engineering, Product and Operations teams.
- Verify (ANSI/ RIA15.06/ OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, conveyors, and other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Collaborate with controls design engineers and modeling engineers to integrate into simulation environments.
- Collaborate with systems engineering teams to design test campaigns to cover requirements and ensure safety-critical functional operation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechatronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Have 2+ years of experience as hands on Controls Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/ or electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge on standards NFPA79, UL508A, ANSI/ RIA 15.06
- Experience with PLC and/or multiple PLC platforms (B&R, Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Comfortable understanding PLC code and the architecture of a control system.
- Experience with AutoCAD/ AutoCAD electrical is a plus.
- Experience with FMEAs and Risk Assessment.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. Polarion, Doors) for requirements and test management.
- Experience integrating safety systems into test benches.
- Experience with Requirements based test planning, high voltage safety systems.
- Experience in integration and testing of basic mechanical component assembly.
- Experience with commercial test automation software and python based test automation scripting.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description