Director of Engineering - Liquid at TripActions
TripActions Liquid integrates seamlessly with TripActions to make business travel - from booking to managing spend - a breeze. It’s the first modern end-to-end travel and payments platform built with both the traveler and finance team in mind.
TripActions Liquid is looking for a Director of Software Engineering to help lead a product-focused engineering team. This team develops and supports the features that our end users will rely on every day and delivers delightful, consumer-like experiences in the workplace.
This position will be responsible for growing a Product Engineering team (e.g. recruiting, career development, mentoring), as well as project execution (e.g. high quality feature releases and improvements). The role will have both ICs and Managers as direct reports.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead our growing software engineering team
- Oversee product development from concept to production.
- Drive timely delivery of the Special Projects product.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management.
- Communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs and practices as we grow and expand.
- Be a voice for the team and strong culture carrier with leadership
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience growing and scaling software teams, both front-end, back-end and mobile.
- 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading/managing cross-functional development teams.
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership/accountability.
- Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience