Unity powers over half of all games and over two-thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists!
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to drive the strategy, design & development of the next-generation of Unity Payments systems. In this role, you must possess executive leadership in combination with a deep technical understanding of Payment processing technologies, cloud architecture, regulatory and legal compliance, and integration design. Additionally, familiarity with blockchain technologies and a strong desire to stay on top of the field is needed.
Your strategy will impact multiple important, & high-profile initiatives simultaneously across Unity!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a secure, compliant and reliable Payment platform that enables unified end-to-end management of Unity products, services & 3rd parties
- Drive the technical design and development of the next generation of the current Unity Payments system, including tie-ins to a marketplace and tie-ins to block-chains.
- Establish compliance and quality standards for security, legal & privacy requirements
- Build & lead an organization of small autonomous software teams instilling excellent development practices and phenomenal execution with timely delivery of commitments
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering heads across Unity to understand business priorities & impact
- Build an environment of accountability at all engineering levels with clear goals and measured outcomes
- Work collaboratively across teams to define system architecture and help create high-level architectural specifications to ensure feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Collaborate with the broader Unity technology leadership community to provide mentorship into strategies and standards, ensure solution reuse, and to eliminate solution redundancy
What we’re looking for
- A proven history with enterprise-scale payments or blockchain solutions
- Security, legal & privacy compliance experience
- Experience using microservice & API based architectures and web frameworks such as React & Angular
- Modern development & production methodologies, including CI/CD
You might also have
- Proven experience growing teams larger than 25 engineers
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.