Director of Engineering, WishX at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Founded in 2010, Wish has quickly grown to become one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies. With 500 million users, 1 million merchants and over 200 million items in our marketplace, it’s no wonder that Wish is the #1 shopping app in 40+ countries on the Google Play store & #1 shopping app in 20+ countries on Apple App Store. Wish is also the most & best reviewed shopping app (#1 on Google Play & #2 on Apple App Store).
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
We have the following exciting opportunity within the WishX team:
Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering for WishX will have the unique opportunity to provide engineering partnership and product outcomes across multiple early stage business initiatives. Working in a hyper-iterative, micro-experimentation environment, they will partner closely with initiative leaders to rapidly innovate against aggressive growth goals. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and able to move from ideation to experimentation, and launch to iteration swiftly while maintaining high levels of code quality. This role will require a high level of business acumen coupled with Full Stack technical depth. Humility coupled with a rabid intellectual curiosity & the ambition to achieve significant outcomes will also be hallmarks of the successful candidate.
What you'll do
- Develop Engineering standards, processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple early stage, high impact business initiatives
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary teams on idea generation, solutioning, prototyping, and initiating pilots of innovative solutions and technologies that propel new business initiatives forward
- Assemble and manage a nimble, multidisciplinary, portfolio of engineering resources (including remote teams outside the U.S.) capable of rapid iteration & delivery of technical solutions in an “incubator” style environment
- Develops Minimum Viable Products (MVP) in collaboration with WishX business leaders & Product Managers
- Experiment with MVPs to determine product direction & pivot quickly as results dictate
- Actively partner with business teams and product managers on product iterations
- Drive engineering efforts within WishX while collaborating with Engineering teams in the core business
Who you are
- 10+ years of Software / Application development experience
- Mobile and eCommerce, Web and App experience highly preferred
- Experience assembling and managing global remote teams a must
- Highly collaborative leader with a desire to stay close to the code
- Humble and curious enough to write your own code, and conduct your own experiments
- Committed to experimentation in identifying the objective truth
- Inspired by the mission of helping underserved consumers and small retailers thrive in a global, mobile first economy
- Capable of leading rapid development and iteration in an “Incubator” style environment
- Courageous in the pursuit of delivering value to our customers and partners but also in acknowledging mistakes and learnings
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description