Director, Graphics Engineering at Unity Technologies
Unity is the ubiquitous Engine and Editor that runs real-time interactive content everywhere seamlessly, enabling content creators to bring their creations to millions of users running on hundreds of different platforms and devices around the world. The Unity Platform team makes sure the Unity Engine and Editor are on every major platform our users want and where real-time content is needed. We serve our developers—both internal and external—by building a robust platform that enables them to target any device or form factor with a single set of APIs and extensibility points.
The Platform Graphics team executes on this mission by building and supporting the foundation of our rendering architecture, including support for DirectX, Vulkan, Metal, WebGPU, and all other Graphics APIs across every platform Unity supports, both now and in the future.
To help the teams achieve this mission, we are looking for a director-level engineering leader to help the team define goals and drive execution. This is a senior engineering leadership role with responsibility for engineering teams in Europe and North America.What you’ll be doing
- Own the continuous development, delivery, release, and engineering progression of Unity’s graphics abstraction and shader system
- As the senior engineering manager, lead our global engineering organization of around 45 hardworking engineers
- Deliver clear and concise technical roadmaps defined in collaboration with the team, other platform leaders, and with our product managers
- Create and drive the operational plan to achieve the subsequent delivery
- Maintain close relations and clear communication lines with internal key collaborators and partners across Unity R&D Engineering leadership, Product Management, Project Management, Release Management, Product Marketing, and Business Development
- Own the roadmap and strategy for the foundation of all graphics work at Unity
- Senior technical leadership experience managing a medium-to-large, globally distributed engineering team
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to make excellent technical insights stemming from a strategic understanding of the industry
- Drive for technical excellence, quality, and further improvement of the already-established success of the Unity Engine and Editor
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with graphics (DirectX, Vulkan, Metal) and platforms (Desktop, Consoles, Mobile)
- Strong architectural knowledge and experience building cross-platform developer platforms, APIs, and extensibility points
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.