Director, Software Engineering (Consumer) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a driven, results-oriented individual to lead engineering for our Rewards program. As Director, Software Engineering (Rewards) in our Consumer Engineering org, you will be responsible for working closely with Product, Design, Analytics, Commercial, Marketing, and other cross-functional partners to deliver a world class Rewards program for increased consumer engagement.
What You'll Do
- Lead our Rewards organization by hiring, coaching, managing, and supporting a team of engineering leaders.
- Strengthen our leadership pipeline through providing real time feedback and coaching for the engineering leaders on the team.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Design to build the roadmap, deliver features, and iterate to unlock innovative product experiences for consumers and merchants.
- Foster a culture of technical excellence, humility, constant improvement, and rigor to build a team that can confidently tackle complex challenges.
- Work closely with stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Design, and Analytics to align on strategy and execution.
- Expand the organization by hiring an exceptional and diverse group of engineers, taking advantage of our remote-first model of working.
What We Look For
- Experience managing globally distributed teams and building a remote friendly culture.
- Experience managing line managers delivering high quality consumer-facing software with an emphasis on velocity.
- Track record of mentoring and leveling up line managers in engineering teams.
- Track record of successfully leading product engineering teams at both rapidly scaling startups and complex larger technology companies.
- Track record of strong stakeholder management with Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics, and other cross-functional teams.
- Experience hiring and retaining diverse engineering teams.
- Experience in leading the planning and development of software and systems for complex services.
- Experience building and operating large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Prior experience with rewards or point systems, such as in gaming, a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.