Early Career Software Engineer at Alto Pharmacy
Early Career Software Engineer
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are looking for an Early Career Software Engineer to join our quickly growing team to help take the modern pharmacy national. Our engineering team values impact, collaboration, and learning which make Alto a great environment for developing and growing your skills. You will receive structured training, mentorship, and candid real-time feedback to support your professional development. As an Early Career Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to ship code across the stack and work on technical challenges across a wide range.
Example projects you might work on include:
- Increasing the conversion of our patient app onboarding and delivery scheduling flows
- Automating standard patient and doctor outreach so our pharmacy teams can focus on more complex cases
- Optimizing the performance of our web applications as we approach hypergrowth
- Building features in our pharmacy app, such as one that allows authorized managers to configure the US states in which their team members are licensed to review prescriptions
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related field in 2020. Alternatively you are a coding bootcamp graduate with 1+ year(s) of software engineering experience in a production environment.
- Are proficient in at least one programming language. At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend and React on the frontend, but experience with these specific technologies is not required.
- Have experience with web development on the frontend, backend, or both.
- Thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and have a growth mindset. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate.
- Embody Alto’s values and are passionate about our mission to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs medicine.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.