Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution: We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of autonomous drones, and all ground-based equipment that supports flight, to make deliveries of vital medical supplies to people in need within minutes, 7 days a week. Today, we fly the equivalent of once around Earth’s equator every day, and by the end of 2021, once every hour.ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
As Zipline’s Compute Hardware Architect, you will be responsible for developing the advanced embedded compute that enables a highly maneuverable aircraft to dodge power lines that are not on any map, avoid buildings that aren’t shown on satellite photos, stay clear of other aircraft and safely find the right open area to drop life-saving supplies.
You will bring your knowledge of state-of-the-art computing to a small team architecting our next generation avionics, forming strategic relationships with leading technology providers, and creating high-performance embedded computing systems to meet the needs of the future. You will drive design trades, lead the electronic design, and execute on full lifecycle development from concept to testing and into production.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect high-performance computing architectures for Zipline’s perception and flight control platforms.
- Lead the selection of computing processors for perception and machine learning
- Deliver on full lifecycle electronic design from initial concept through to production ramp.
- Engage cross-functionally to ensure optimization of the entire hardware/software stack.
- Drive relationships with industry partners and supply chain teams to create a strategic platform for Zipline’s autonomy roadmap.
- Minimum 7+ years in embedded compute design
- Demonstrated track record as the lead-architect of computing solutions for mobile or embedded applications
- Full lifecycle electrical engineering experience: concept, simulation, design, bring-up, validation
- Passion for hardware development, and an interest in working quickly, efficiently, and hands-on
- Must have work authorization to work in the US
- System on Chip (SoC) based designs
- Machine learning hardware accelerators
- Computer vision
- High-volume, cost-sensitive design
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!