Email Developer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm Inc. is looking for an Email Developer/Technical Architect to join the Email Operations Team supporting overall development and program management of all things email! We are growing our capabilities in all of our marketing channels to grow our B2C business and if this sounds exciting to you, read on.
The ideal candidate will have a proven technical background with the ability to understand sophisticated email structures and responsive templates in any email platform. You have experience in end-to-end testing of email development, deployment, QA, and standard methodologies. We’re looking for someone who has extensive experience in building mobile responsive templates in any platform. You will be comfortable collaborating and providing support across multiple teams while working directly in the current ESP Salesforce Marketing Cloud.What you’ll do
- Work with our Email Lead and Engagement Strategists to plan out future email optimizations.
- Work with the internal design team on standard methodologies for email structure and design.
- Develop mobile-responsive email templates for consistency in formatting while recommending options for alternative solutions to sophisticated issues.
- Be the domain expert (SME) on our current email platform, SFMC, and lead proposals to support any additional needs for the business to improve our efficiency/goals
- Build/Maintain all technical documents for our most complicated emails
- Ability to prioritize, evolve and pivot with demanding business needs
- Evolve/improve email processes for email development and QA (Litmus, Emails asks, timing)
- Lead all aspects of our Email Platform functionality
- Evaluate and improve QA process with partners
- Participate in code review and QA of email builds with team
- Build Journeys for Lifecycle campaigns and continue to monitor and refine as needed
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated ability in executing sophisticated email structures and automations in any email platform specifically SFMC
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Proficient in SQL is a plus!
- Experience building out Automations and User Journeys in SFMC
- QA process and understanding of end-to-end testing
- Ability to prioritize workload and identify risks and blockers
- Proficient use of Confluence and JIRA
- Database and Segmentation experience a plus
- Detail/process-oriented for maintaining accurate deployments
- Very good communication and negotiation skills; this person may be interacting a fair amount with our Marketing Strategists as well as Design and Analysts
- Get it done kind of attitude