Engineering Lead, Mobile Graphics at Unity Technologies
We are looking for a software engineering lead to join our Mobile graphics team to help the most widely used game engine on mobile in evolving into its next generation. You will chip in to improve runtime performance, implement new graphics features and framing the end-to-end workflow of Unity for mobile platforms.
Mobile has never been a more exciting gaming platform to evolve. With hardware approaching that of modern consoles and a user base in the billions, the potential is boundless. At Unity, we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about mobile games and unlock their full potential in the Unity runtime. We strive to make every use of the hardware available while weaving through the complexity of thermal limits, throttling and battery life.
As the Lead of one of our Mobile Graphics teams you will manage and mentor a geographically distributed team of engineers and collaborate with QA and other engineering teams, seeking for high-performance graphics rendering and engine-level tech on mobile platforms, making Unity stronger and better empowering the millions of Unity developers to build successful games played by billions. With more than 50% of mobile games powered by Unity there is no other role where your impact can be greater.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and lead a team of focused engineers, mentoring them to develop their careers as well as champion sharing knowledge
- Chip in to craft Unity graphics architecture on mobiles, driving technical decisions, and making strategic recommendations to the Director of Mobile
- Capable of anticipating problems and forming plans to mitigate them
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration; advocating for mobile and resolving dependencies and blockers
- Collaborate and influence external partners, driving strategic partnerships
- Participate in hiring process related to the graphics and broader mobile team, as required
- When time and opportunity present themselves, contributing to project work directly
What we’re looking for
- Experience in managing strong inclusive teams that foster collaboration
- Knowledge of GPU architectures and expertise with mobile graphics APIs (OpenGL ES, Vulkan, Metal) and shading languages (GLSL, MSL, SPIR-V), including profiling and optimization
- Experience working with C++ code
- Strong initiative and ability to engage with other teams and individuals
- Ability to collaborate closely with external partners such as building shared roadmaps, priorities & strategy
You might also have
- Experience managing globally distributed teams
- Familiarity with Direct3D or console graphics APIs, HLSL
- Experience with game engines
- Cross-platform development experience
- Comfortable with 3D math and graphics algorithms
- Experience working with C# code
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.