Engineering Manager, Backend (Credit Engineering) at Affirm
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead projects and initiatives on the Credit Capabilities team, responsible for building backend services that manage and optimize the core decisioning systems that govern value exchange between merchants, consumers and Affirm, in all of our products.
The team partners closely with Product, Credit business team, and Machine Learning engineering teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that help deliver values to all parties in the Affirm ecosystem via providing financing services. As we scale the company to be a cornerstone of all ecommerce and offline retail, it is an exciting time to join the team which sits at the core of this mission.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to develop a long term technical roadmap towards a platform that meets stakeholder and growing business needs
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity via specification and architecture review
- Grow and build a team of talented engineers to support the company's accelerating business growth
- Provide leadership and career growth opportunities to team members, develop talent and mentor engineers
- Take ownership to understand the business context. Own the delivery of business goals along with product and business partners
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience growing and managing engineering teams
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to hire and build teams
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.