Engineering Manager, Backend (Membership) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Membership team’s mission is to provide consistent, reliable, and extensible interfaces for managing Affirm user accounts and for dependent services to read and write user data.
In leading this team you’ll be core to helping Affirm scale by owning our Members Service, a foundational building block for defining, retrieving, and persisting user data from across all of Affirm’s products and services. Our team is growing and looking for an Engineering Manager to help build a unified platform for our millions of users accounts. Come join us!What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product, Analytics, Machine Learning, and other engineering managers to develop a long term technical roadmap that meets stakeholder needs
- Lead a team of 4+ engineers and prioritize recruiting and hiring talented engineers
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity via specification and architecture review
- Coach, develop, retain, and provide thoughtful feedback to team members
- Establish Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to set the engineering team’s direction and measure its success
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
- Experience: 1+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- Technical: solid engineering fundamentals and real world experience building scalable distributed backend services
- Collaborative: track record of successful cross functional collaboration especially with product managers, business partners, and engineering counterparts
- Potential: ability to grow alongside a fast growing company and team
- Humble: you lead with the humility and self-awareness needed to navigate challenging situations
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.