Affirm's Infrastructure Platform team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is transparently available to engineers is a critical part of Affirm's success story. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering design, architecture and writing detailed tech specs and gathering feedback before large changes to systems.
Capacity Engineering group is a newly formed organization within SRE and we are looking for a Capacity Engineering Manager with deep technical knowledge and who's passionate about building Models that obtain projections, growth estimates and provide a detailed view of what the projections and estimates mean from infrastructure and application perspective. Responsibilities include measuring and reporting of complex multi-system application performance, providing metrics to support complex application scaling, including baselines, trends, and overlaying future business growth and events during which the traffic can spike from 1x to nx, and Chaos engineering.
What You'll Do
- Analyze current and historical capacity and performance data, determining performance bottlenecks, trending and develop forecasting models using statistics and predictive algorithms to forecast the capacity demand.
- Maintain current knowledge of performance and capacity related trends and issues including current emerging technologies and best practices.
- Engage with Partner Engineering, Product and Business to capture the growth estimates and be able to turn business language into technical documents.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to solve some of Affirm's most complex scalability problems and develop a roadmap that ensures Performance, Chaos and Capacity solutions.
- Enable predictability and optimized scaling up and scaling down of Affirm's applications and infrastructures
What We Look For
- Linux, Networking and AWS experience
- Experience with containerization and container platforms. (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong development experience in any of Python/Kotlin/Go.
- Solid backend development experience in data pipelines, distributed systems, and large-scale data processing. Machine learning is a plus.
- Experience in building and managing a high performance software engineering team.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.