Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. Our software engineers work on everything - from building backend systems and beautiful, thoughtful user interfaces to scaling products that automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
Production Engineering builds and operates reliable, scalable, and repeatable infrastructure for DoorDash developers to ship great products quickly and reliably. The compute team is responsible for building and operating all compute infrastructure at DoorDash.What You'll Do
- Own and improve the scalability and reliability of our compute infrastructure
- Inspire your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers focused on infrastructure
- Keep the team connected to the needs of engineering
- Roll up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary
- Maintain a positive and supportive work culture
- Coach, mentor and provide career guidance
- Minimum 3 years experience in an engineering management role
- Experience building and managing compute clusters at scale
- Experience with network infrastructure, service meshes and all aspects of the compute ecosystem
- Someone who loves bin packing problems, automated forecasting and capacity planning
- Competence and passion in systems and software
- Leadership - you coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Elastic Container Service
- Istio/Envoy/Linkerd/Consul Service Mesh and the Service Mesh Interface
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.