Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase has an exciting Engineering Manager opportunity to join the Customer Experience and Product Engineering team and lead the Customer Experience engineering sub-team. This experienced leader will manage an Agile engineering team comprised of 7+ engineers and admins, predominantly focused on leading the tactical execution of our Customer Experience organizations key features qtr by qtr, maintaining and growing our eng team, and up-leveling our engineering maturity. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com and their ecosystem delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, demonstrates clear passion about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with multiple business units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale platforms. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Customer Experience and PED, and be part of the larger Coinbase Customer Experience Organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage a growing team of Engineers and Systems Analysts to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions against the product backlog of requirements and functional capabilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and partner with them on impactful career development plans with consistent daily mentorship.
- Architect technical solutions for the long-term, balancing time-to-market versus the health of the platforms.
- Responsible for hands-on development of key features as well as code quality and code reviews of the team
- Lead the product and the platform - from technical design and development to the support and maintenance of it. We call it the PLAN, BUILD, and RUN model
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs
- Responsible for all engineering practices:
- Product Quality
- Technical Debt Management
- Agile Maturity
- Provide executive updates to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Architect technical solutions that span multiple platforms beyond their core skill sets
- Balance need for functional and nonfunctional requirements (availability, scalability, security, performance, etc.)
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model
- Work closely with the Business Unit Engineering teams to understand, document and integrate the customer Blockchain implementation with back-office Enterprise Applications
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years hands-on development experience on Salesforce and the ecosystem of technologies, with 2 years as Tech Lead
- At least 2 years of people management experience leading a team of 5 or more full time employees
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources
- Unique background in programming in functional and/or object oriented programming languages like Java, Scala, Ruby and Golang.
- Natural curiosity to learn and understand different architectures, technologies and functional domains
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Proven ability to build order out of chaos, with minimal guidance
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder and/or Platform Developer I or II
- Experience with Copado or similar CI/CD tool
- Offshore resource management experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.