Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.About the Team
The Developer Productivity team is committed to building a delightful and productive experience for DoorDash developers - empowering them to release code quickly and confidently. They work with the entire engineering organization on delivering solutions that span across the entire tech stack, our infrastructure systems, and tools. They have an innate passion for trailblazing and driving tech initiatives, pushing the boundaries of what new technologies can do to make engineers faster and happier. You will report to the Director of Infrastructure.About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape how developers write and ship code.
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers focused on infrastructure.
- Keeping the team connected to the needs of engineering.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- You have at least 5 years experience in an engineering management role.
- You have experience defining the role and scope of Developer Productivity in a rapidly growing company.
- You are language agnostic, you eat new technologies for breakfast.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.