Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Infrastructure Team is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We are engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
As a foundational component of the engineering organization, we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. We emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will lead the team to meet our company and our customer’s evolving needs. Your role will be to support, grow, and advise the engineers that report to you. You will also collaborate with Engineering, Security, Quality, and other relevant teams to define and hit key company and team goals.
How you’ll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Partner closely with Security, Quality, and other engineering teams to understand platform requirements, identify dependencies and shape the team’s roadmap
Who you are:
- 2+ years professional experience managing engineering teams
- 5+ years as an engineer working with production infrastructure at scale
- Shown ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Strong advocacy and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical background
- Experience in managing DevOps teams
- Experience in Infrastructure automation that is declarative, repeatable, and robust
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description