Engineering Manager - MARS at Unity Technologies
Unity’s XR Tools Group makes tools for augmented and virtual reality developers. You’ll be responsible for leading a team of engineers who are working on Unity MARS. This includes our integration with AR Foundation and other AR data providers, the MARS Proxy Solver which uses semantic data to lay out virtual content, and the MARS companion apps which offer data capture and in-situ authoring capabilities.
As an engineering leader you will help define and uphold our high quality standards, both in terms of writing clean, readable C# code and creating the robust, reliable workflows that Unity users expect. You will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining the code that goes into Unity MARS, but you will also have an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the design and architecture of future versions.
The XR Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers. We care deeply about helping developers be able to make apps that can truly run in the real world. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing. We welcome all members of the team to contribute across disciplines, so even though your title says “Engineer,” we still value your input on design, product, marketing, and every other aspect of the development process.
- Lead a small engineering team that improves and maintains Unity MARS
- Stay current with state-of-the-art AR technologies and data providers
- Collaborate with internal and external partners who support or are supported by XR Tools products
- Unity/C# experience required, either as a user or an extensions developer.
- Experience with multiple XR Platforms like ARKit, ARCore, Windows Mixed Reality, and/or Magic Leap
- Engineering leadership and/or management experience
- Experience with Unity DOTS packages and data-oriented design topics.
- Direct experience with graph theory and relational data problems
- A true passion for, and enjoyment of, spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction and how XR can help.
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks, both internally and externally.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.