Engineering Manager, New Vertical Fulfillment at DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our New Verticals, Fullfillment engineering team in San Francisco. This team is in charge of allowing DoorDash to achieve goods beyond food, like groceries, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more. This spans mobile, web, and backend and involves problems like integrating with merchants, developing our fulfillment API, and pushing forward the frontier of our core logistics engine. The end goal is to do for last mile logistics what AWS did for cloud computing -- enable any third-party business to plug into our platform and have their items delivered, on-demand, anywhere in their city.
What You'll Do
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting great people
- Provide technical guidance for a team of 25+ engineers
- Collaborate with business and engineering leaders at multinational corporations to help onboard them onto our platform
- Engage with key internal partners to determine the roadmap and vision for our New Verticals product
What We're Looking For
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, and mobile
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 5+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 20+ and managing other managers
- Prior experience working on a user-facing product
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product-focused development environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.