Engineering Manager, New Verticals
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our New Verticals engineering team in San Francisco. This team is in charge of enabling DoorDash to deliver goods beyond food, like groceries, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more. This spans mobile, web, and backend and involves problems like integrating with merchants, developing our fulfillment API, and pushing forward the frontier of our core logistics engine. The end goal is to do for last mile logistics what AWS did for cloud computing -- enable any third-party business to plug into our platform and have their items delivered, on-demand, anywhere in their city.
What you’ll do
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a team of 25+ engineers
- Collaborate with business and engineering leaders at multinational corporations to help onboard them onto our platform
- Engage with key internal business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for our New Verticals product
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, and mobile
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 5+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 20+ and managing other managers
- Prior experience working on a user-facing product
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.