Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying, configuring and managing distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere.
The Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the platform that supports the development and operation of reliable and scalable microservices. We are also responsible for the platform that supports the development and operation of Dashboard. Our customers aren’t limited to those who buy Meraki equipment - we measure our success by the experience of everyone who interacts with our product, from other teams across the organization to the end users of our customers’ networks.
As a manager at Meraki, you will provide architectural leadership, review code and designs, and debug existing features. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing a collaborative environment where your team can do their best work. In this highly technical role you will also make your own direct contributions to our code base, but your primary focus will be on team execution and development. This is a very high impact cross-functional role. Your work will have a multiplicative effect across engineering at Meraki, and will directly contribute to the rapid evolution of our platform.Example projects/responsibilities:
- Lead the team and hold regular one-on-ones, ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning.
- Helping your team navigate decisions between in-house solutions and open source products; striking a balance between self-learning, formal training, conferences, and commercial support.
- Be an advocate for security best practices in the tools and processes that your teams develop.
- Develop and own a 2-3 year roadmap to migrate our current tools and processes to a modern and reusable platform on which all our applications will run.
- Be a champion for SRE practices within your own team and across the wider engineering organization. Work with other engineering managers to grow our culture of automation and reliability.
- Working with your senior individual contributors to identify and scope areas for improvement; such as migrating from a vast collection of homegrown configuration management scripts to a modern, scalable configuration management tool.
- Build a respectful and inclusive team culture.
- You are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. You have at least a year of experience leading a team of 3+ people (with/without formal people management responsibilities) and are looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and lead a larger team.
- Strong and in depth knowledge of containerization and their orchestration engines such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- You have 7+ years of experience developing systems for large-scale production environments.
- Demonstrate experience owning, operating and supporting business critical systems that service a wide range of customers both internal and external.
- You have experience building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt.
- You believe that development and operations are best carried out in close co-operation.
- You are never satisfied by just seeing something work. Your curiosity drives you to peek behind the curtain to gain a deeper understanding of what’s going on.
- You are experienced with a variety of tools that help you manage, understand, and debug large, complex distributed systems.
- Experience in cloud based solutions and services.
- Supporting products where users expect 100% uptime.
- Formal project management or IT service management.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.