Engineering Manager, RCX
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for managers with a strong technical background who are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software engineering teams. If you are passionate about building high quality products, can execute quickly with focus and discipline, and love developing team members, then we want to talk to you! Your work will have high impact and be seen by hundreds of millions of Redditors each month.
- Owning the technology stack/architecture for the Community Activation team.
- Hiring, developing and mentoring software engineers.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborating closely with PM and Design to architect media-related features.
- 5+ years experience developing software as an engineer
- 2+ years experience managing engineering teams
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Management skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and its individual members, delegate, mentor, and deliver results.
- Interviewing engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Quality mindset: advocate for testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#)
- Experience with best web practices including A/B testing