Engineering, Site Reliability (SRE)
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.About the Team
SRE serves a critical role in DoorDash. They work deeply embedded in our product engineering teams and focus on contributing to the reliability and scalability of our applications and services. They understand both the application stack really well, and our infrastructure systems and tools. Because of this, their work spans both worlds and requires a diverse set of skills.About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Owning and improving the scalability and reliability of our products.
- Working directly with product engineering and infrastructure teams.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on designing, coding, configuring, debugging, and monitoring.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- You have 5+ years experience in a role to improve the reliability and scalability of systems.
- You have experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, search, caching, and queuing.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both engineering competencies.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- $75 monthly fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
- Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
- Meaningful equity opportunities
- Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
- Stocked kitchen
DoorDash is committed to connecting people with possibility. As part of that, we look to ensure that work opportunities at DoorDash are accessible to all. We are an equal opportunity employer.