Our Build Engineering team has a wide range of responsibilities, from managing CI/CD infrastructure and environments to focusing heavily on engineer’s user experience. We focus on empowering the engineering org to efficiently build, test, and validate their code before releasing to production. We do this through providing consistent development environments, self-service build and test pipelines, and user experience driven tooling. We see failures as a problem with our processes, and an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Automation is your thing. You don’t want to just maintain systems, but as a software engineer you want to write the tooling that maintains the systems. You’re into Linux and are not afraid to dig deep when troubleshooting application, system and network problems. You care about distributed systems and like making them scale. You usually have ideas about how to improve things and want to work in an environment where you can make that happen. We don't really care about your level of formal education, mathematical skill and so on. We want to see that you have relevant experience, that you like automating away repetitive work, that you have good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills and that you have a very high level of empathy for your fellow engineers.
- Examples of typical things our team has worked on:Created a self-service portal allowing engineering teams across the company to quickly spin up their own services CI/CD pipelines.
- Regularly iterated on local and remote development environments utilizing containerized environments and cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborated with multiple teams across the organization to implement upgrades and enhancements to our build and test infrastructure and self-service tooling.
- Whenever possible, developed tooling to drive continuous improvements in developer efficiency and user experience.
Location and hours Our team is distributed between Dublin (Ireland) and San Francisco (USA). This position is in San Francisco, and we'd like you to be based there or in the surrounding areas. Our working hours are typically 1000-1800, but it varies by person.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description