Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
- Follow and implement best practices on human-machine-interface (HMI) design for industrial robots and automation
- Design industry-level HMIs for Vicarious AI’s robotic products
- Understand limitations in modern day UI frameworks to ensure UX designs can be implemented efficiently
- Implement HMI frontends using technologies such as Node.js, React.js, Redux.js and Electron
- Interface with robotic and system backends for control and data communication in Python/Go/C
- Deploy and test HMIs on multiple platforms such as PC (standard and industrial), Tablet, and Mobile
- Maintain and improve the HMI based on testing and customer feedback
- Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 2+ years experience in frontend / UI development on Linux platforms
- Knowledge in building frontend systems that have complex, multi-channel interactions with one or more backend systems.
- Worked with single and multi touch screen UIs and understand the benefits and limitations of these systems
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed design and processing
- Have built and released a HMI that is used in production by customers is highly desirable
- Experience in developing workflow configuration UI (drag&drop, modularization, etc.) is a big plus
- Basic knowledge in AI and robotics is a plus
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description