Full Stack Engineer, Analytics at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
Software Engineer, Analytics
San Francisco / Remote
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Cisco Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to world-class universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites. And the Cisco Wireless & Meraki Hardware organization is responsible for building the physical devices that get people online.
Meraki is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer to join the Hardware organization's Analytics & Data Science Team. As an engineer on the Analytics team, you will build the software that connects teams to the data they need to scale and grow. You will work with Data Scientists on the team and internal stakeholders across the department to understand current needs and gaps, design solutions, and bring them to production. You will partner with and learn from the Senior full-stack engineer on the team on all aspects of your work. In addition, you will develop relationships with all the teams that use the Analytics team’s data: Supply Chain, Quality Engineering, Product Management, and more.
Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, an analytical approach, excellent organizational skills, and a bias to action. You don't wait for change - you make it happen!
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our employees. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
EXAMPLE PROJECTS OF A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ANALYTICS:
- Meraki devices collect incredible amounts of telemetry data (e.g. temperature, fan speed) that has the potential to aid everything from hardware quality to sustainability, but we have only just started exploring it. Help design and build the architecture for storing the data so Data Scientists can conduct analyses with it, and write APIs to make it easier for other teams to access this data/analysis.
- Our department has recently adopted a new hardware development tracking system, but keeping it updated is still a manual operation. Build an automated update system to save time and keep everyone in sync.
- The process through which Meraki defines serial numbers for products is becoming outdated as the company grows. Develop scripts to automate the process and minimize the chance for manual errors.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience writing and maintaining quality code
- Experience in web front-end technologies (e.g. React) and back-end technologies (e.g. Golang, Python, Java, C++)
- Experience with Git
- The ability to understand, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience or willingness to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- 1+ years of testing experience (e.g. RSpec, JUnit, Jest, Robot)
- 1+ years of experience with web frameworks like (e.g. Flask, Spring)
- 1+ years of experience with container-based development, like Docker or Kubernetes
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.