Full Stack Engineer, Early Career at Cisco Meraki
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our web applications, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
The Dashboard API Team focuses on the programmatic interface to the Meraki Dashboard. We define and refine how we, and other teams at Meraki, develop our APIs. Meraki APIs (https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/) make it possible for our customers to rapidly deploy and manage networks at scale, build on a platform of intelligent, cloud-connected IT products, and engage with users in powerful new ways.What you will do:
- Construct API endpoints to allow Meraki users and third party companies to build custom tools and features
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with product managers and UX designers
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in our web application
- Contribute to a kind, inclusive team that’s enthusiastic about simplifying networking products for our customers by scaling distributed systems.
- Have a technical degree or equivalent experience with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
- Are familiar with web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go
- Have worked with SQL and relational Databases
- Would flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres
- Experience or willing to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.